The City of Dallas Public Works and Transportation Department is building a new Fire Station No.44 which will replace the existing structure built in 1959. This facility will be a 12,000 sq. ft. replacement facility for the existing station located in east Dallas. The new station will include two full (70′) and two half (40′) apparatus bays, with living quarters to accommodate fifteen firefighters per shift. The 1.3 acre site of the new station is located at the corner of Fitzhugh Ave. and Lagow, across from Fair Park.